Day 38. Willow Dam Road to Wirrabarra Forest
Lily's bit:
Oh it was SO good to be out on the trail as an active participant! I rode while Tim ran - for 23k - then picked up his bike, then both rode the 23k back to camp. 46k! I rode 46k! It felt great. My foot was fine, in fact even walking it was fine (mind you, I only walked about 100 metres all day). And the scenery was magnificent (photos should say it all, I think). We noticed an odd lack of kangaroos but saw some lovely parrots (including the now easily-identified Regent parrot) and a lot of sheep. AND our first snake together! Smaller than the one I'd seen, but slithery and scary nonetheless. Well-spotted by me, too, I might add. Looked rather like a stick it did
Ride
Time (hr:min:sec): 1:40:00
Speed (kph):
Distance (km): 23
Run
Time (hr:min:sec): 3:10:00
Speed (kph):
Distance (km): 23
No comments:
Post a Comment